We aim to improve the voting process; encourage honest and capable people to seek public office, and help them make government work better; and engage citizens in the process of making important decisions about our future. In other words, we advocate for BETTER POLITICS. BETTER GOVERNMENT. A BETTER PHILADELPHIA. A BETTER PENNSYLVANIA.
To fulfill our mission, we have two primary focus areas – Educating and Engaging Citizens and Campaigns for Change.
Your tax-deductible contribution keeps us independent and able to continue our work. Please join us and make a donation through our secure website.
Your support helps to fund our work – in 2016:
- We hosted American Experiments, a national pitch event for America’s civic tech community.
- We launched a successful podcast 20by70.
- We commissioned a short play Voices of Voting that ties the personal struggles and political courage of the 1960’s campaign to secure the vote with the present-day struggle to engage young people in the electoral process.
- We partnered with BeHeardPhilly to field the People’s Poll on Trust and Performance to reveal the public’s trust in government and our elected officials.
- Seventy developed an online Voter Experience Survey to answer the question, “How did things go on election day?” More than 1,000 residents took the survey and we intend to make the survey a regular feature of our work.
- Our high school Election Ambassadors Program has tripled since its 2015 launch.
- We partnered with the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians to co-host Citizens First Vote celebrating the first ballot cast by newly naturalized citizens at City Hall.
- Seventy was mentioned in more than 2,700 media pieces, equal to almost $12 million in media value and our social media presence is growing steadily.
- Seventy.org continues to be the most trusted source for information, insight and knowledge throughout the year but especially during election season.
- We are part of several Campaigns for Change: the Better Philadelphia Elections Coalition, the Philadelphia Jobs Growth Coalition and the Fair Districts PA Coalition.
Your gift today will help Seventy’s impact to continue to grow in 2017. Join us in our campaign!
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
By Mail: Checks can be made out to "Committee of Seventy" and mailed to 123 South Broad Street, Suite 1800, Philadelphia, PA 19109
Company Match: Find out if your employer matches gifts and double your impact! Contact your company's HR department for details.
United Way: If your employer holds a United Way Campaign select Committee of Seventy as your designated charity. Our United Way Donor Choice # is 1786.